Old 10-25-2011, 05:34 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Suzy
I free motion with my 66 alot. I just put a piece of vinyl over the dogs and make a hole only big enough for the needle to go through tape it down with shipping tape and your ready to go. Get my vinyl at wal-mart by the yard, very reasonably priced. I also have some supreme sliders, but just sliced one pretty bad taking it off the 66. The needle cut it as if it was a slice of meat as I was removing it. Now will use my vinyl for a while. The sliders are too expensive to be careless like I was. Try the vinyl you'll like it. It covers the feed dogs and your stitches are good on front and back.

Good Luck

Suzy
Suzy that is a really good idea as those don't those sliders come with just a small hole for FM quilting? I have one here somewhere, just don't use it as I do all my FM with my 15-88.

Monica, do you ever have trouble with your stitch when you bind a big quilt? I just got done binding a Queen/King size quilt (100 x 112) on my Betty (Davis Vertical Feed) and I had to go around twice. I couldn't get the stitches to stay uniform. I think because the quilt is so heavy it was pulling too much. I kept taking it off to see if my stitch regulator was messed up - it quilted fine on scraps - but, the big quilt had good stitches then bunched up stitches. This happens everytime I quilt a very large quilt. I don't have that problem when I use my Pfaff 1222e and it has to pull the same way? I'm thinking because it does not have feed dogs that the quilt is a little less stable under the foot?

Nancy