Old 10-25-2011, 05:42 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by mpeters1200

I know there are a lot of clones of the 15 out there. Are they just as good as the Singer 15's? I am just trying to keep a look out for a 15 so I can FMQ on it. I've read here in the shop that it's easier to FMQ on the 15's than the 66's...but I haven't tried either for myself yet.

So you VSM owners that have both reg and clone 15's, what are your opinions?

Thank you,

Melissa
Melissa lots of people would argue that the 15 clones are actually better machines than Singer's 15 - which they are cloned after. The 15 clones usually have a little knob on the bed to lower the feed dogs, which the Singer 15's don't have. You have to lift the machine and turn a thumb screw underneath the bed. The 15 clones also have oil receptors with a little ball bearing that recesses when you put oil in. Some have pressure release knobs too instead of having to turn the screw on the top to release the pressure on the foot. Singer 15's are not that sophisticated! The clones also come in amazing colors, including red! I have a very pretty 15 clone pictured here on page 929. The clones interchange with Singers 15 for parts too. The only problem is that the clones did not come in treadles - hence my preference to my Singer 15-88 for FMQting!~

Nancy