View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 06:41 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by katesnanna
My Dh says he couldn't sell any of my stuff. My daughter thinks I'm becoming a hoarder although a clean & organized one. I keep telling my granddaughter I'm going to teach her to quilt but she has just turned three. I'm hoping if I tell her often enough while she's growing up a bit more that she'll at lest show an interest. I had 3 daughters yet none of them was interested in sewing or craft of any kind. Only started quilting when we lost our youngest. It was something to focus on.
If DGD doesn't show any interest I've told DH & DD to share all my fabric between the children's project I support Project Love & Care and Project Linus.
There is one 3 meter piece that is to go to my BFF. I've already given her 2 meters as a gift.
After that they will have do do some work in selling machines, embroidery threads, cotton thread, and tons of notions. At least they won't forget me in a hurry.
I've also made them very aware that I wish to donate any of my organs that can be used and this is the only reason I can be put on life support. I carry a donor card,(have done for years) and also have it marked on my license.
My daughter will quilt on a very small scale but her 5yr old son wants to learn and I already have a treadle for him when he's old enough to reach the peddles. He loves the whole quilting thing and this weekend I'm going to show him what my new Ruby embroidery machine will do. He's already seen the Christmas cards that I made on it so when I do the free standing lace this weekend he'll really be amazed. Get to them while they are young.