View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Airwick156

It is COLD outside. Like Freezing Cold. The thermometer says it is 34 degrees. And a bit foggy to boot. My husband turned the heater on last night....but what he doesn't know is I turned it OFF. LOL Shhh don't tell him. The leaves are falling off the trees and before long they will be bare. But while we can, I am definately enjoying all the Fall colors.
The trick or treaters I have noticed have been doning their costumes even though it isnt quite Halloween yet.
When I was I think 10 or 11, my parents were divorced and my real dad came and picked me and my sister up to go spend the weekend at his house with his wife and her 2 kids. My birthday is Oct 28th and we were there on that day and I can remember crying my little heart out sitting on the edge of the bathtub because I wanted to go trick or treating....my dad bless his heart says "its not halloween and no one will have candy" and so I cried even harder. My dad didn't like seeing me cry so he called a few of his neighbors and told him we were visiting and if it would be okay if he brought us kids trick or treating to their house. And they all said we could. I remember that weekend so vividly. Sadly that was the last time we ever saw our real dad as he died 2 days after Christmas from cancer that year.