View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:11 AM
doodledo

What we do. I dont work, Thank God, but we dont do a lot of other things to compensate for it. We might eat out 3 times a year. I raise my own chickens (eggs and meat) and garden and can like a maniac. Now I know not everyone can do this but my advice that I have seen work. If you want to truly eat healthy, I go to a farmers home, we buy 1/2 of a cow, Yes I know it costs more up front but I am only paying 2.55 a lb for grass fed meat. If I didnt raise chickens I would go find someone that doesn, stop and ask if they sell eggs. You can see the way they raise theirs. Mine, run around w/o a fence, the way chickens should. Leanr to make your own. I make my own mayo. It takes me about 5 mins. In a blender. Done and only 4 ingredients. Just because you get something cheap, doesnt mean you are saving money. You might be headed to the dr and that definately isnt saving money. I buy organic beans and oats by the 25-50 lb bags. Put them in food grade buckets and I am paying maybe $1 a lb for organic. It takes some work but once you get the hang of it, its easy and tastes oh so good.