Thread: Feel my pain
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 AM
willferg

So I'm working on a French Braid quilt using a bunch of gradated color fat quarters that I got for a steal of a deal at Michaels on clearance (alerted to this by a post on this board :lol: )

I have five colors, with five shades in each. I started with a center square, and after attaching several braids on either end, I realized that I has miscalculated and was on track to make braids over 100 inches instead of just 54 inches.

No worries, I just cut the beginning squares in half, and now I have twice as many braids as I needed but that's okay, right?

So I got all the blues on, the greens, the yellows. It's gorgeous. Then I realized I was running out of time before I had to pick up my son, so I decided to cut the rest of the fabric. I cut all the pinks, then the purples...

And on the NEXT TO THE LAST purple, I lost my concentration and cut one row an inch too small.

ARGHHHH!

I had to just walk away. I've been thinking and thinking, and my only choices are to try to sew small pieces back on (which will look sort of dorky but could work) or go try to buy another purple pack (but it won't be a screaming deal) to use just one fat quarter.

Sigh. I know you all will understand!

Laurie