View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 08:47 AM
arimuse

So sorry to hear this; my hubs is away often and I worry like crazy about this- the house is in a neighborhood w/ people all around, but it has lots of big windows and a set of french doors - our bedrm is first floor front, so you could walk in right thru a window!
If this happens again, say thru the door - "wait right there, my husband is the chief of police, let me call him and get some help for you!" If he hightails out of there you KNOW hes a bad apple! Also, at night have your gun by the door, and also a cell phone and as soon as anyone does that I need help thing, immediately call 911- while theyre on the porch, dont let them know, cus if they hang around the car a few min it gives the cops time to get there.
Maybe you could get cameras on your front gate (sort of hidden) set up to take pictures in both directions - you need a copy of the plate on the car for the cops to catch these creeps.
right after my first husband died, about a month - 2 guys were pounding on my door in the middle of the nite looking for a girl they talked to in a bar! I chased them away, and they went next door (also on my property, a little house - no one lived there - yards right next door!) and pounded there! I went out and tried to run them off again, but 1 was so drunk he decided I was "hiding" who they were looking for - by the time he got back on my porch I had my husbands rifle (didnt shoot, it had a warped barrel!) and met him at the door and told him, get off my porch or by God I'll blow you off my porch!, and I'm calling the cops! and he ran to the car and dove in the window and they peeled out!
sharet