Old 07-23-2009, 12:11 PM
*QuilterWannabee*

The town spelling is Lititz. This is out my way. A big tourist attraction is www.vfoutletcenter.com in nearby Reading, PA. A fabulous quilt shop approx. half hours drive from there is The Summer House Needleworks in Oley. www.quiltart.com also September 17, 18 and 19 is the Oley Valley Community Fair - the "big event" of the year. Shady Maple is a popular smorgasbord eatery in Lancaster. Also a 10,000 sq. ft. Shady Maple Flea Market if you enjoy those things. I'm sure you'll find plenty to do!
Originally Posted by QuiltMania
You're going to have a blast! Along the way from Lancaster to Intercourse is a town called Bird in Hand. It is definitely worth a look. When you get to Intercourse, there is a big parking lot off the main street. If I remember correctly, it is behind the People's Place. Park in there and walk up and down the street. Don't miss the People's Place (museum upstairs and shop on 1st floor). Across the street is a good shop but I don't remember the name. Don't miss the quilt museum in downtown Lancaster (can't remember the name). In Lancaster there is a Mennonite museum that is good (not quilty stuff but really interesting). Don't miss the town of Letitz (not sure if that is spelled right) for the pretzel factory (not quilty but fun) and a few blocks away there is a chocolate factory (Wilbur chocolates I think is the name. Great chocolate!) Have a great time.