View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:09 AM
pab58

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
Originally Posted by pab58
It's the block that's in the second row and is second from the left. I shouldn't have made the center the same color as the leaves. I'm even thinking of making smaller leaves and put them between the orange ones for some added umpf. ;)
Patti, I went back & checked and I think that block is beautiful just the way it is. That is your interpretation of the block and I think it is beautiful.
Patti - I think it looks great too!! it's funny how we look at our own blocks differently from everyone else. I've made a couple of changes to mine after it was 'done' ...not that one - havent tackled it yet. If you are not quite happy with it, try some embroidery in a contrasting color. I usually take a thread of two different colors for my stem stitch and it adds an extra sparkle - even two different golds...again I think the block looks fine, but if you want to add a sparkle - don't add petals, you can put some gold stem stitch around alternate petals - or just the middle ones, lay the thread over it as squint a little to get the impression.
But again - once it's quilted it will look amazing.
Hmmmmm........never thought of adding some embroidery around the petals. You see!! That's exactly why I love the QB!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D