View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 12:30 PM
arimuse

Originally Posted by brendadawg
Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
Thank you for your confidence in me. I tell you it is just getting crazy on this earth. Like that lady says on that one movie, "God won't let the earth stand like this!". I think it was Cold Mountain.

People on drugs are getting more and more brave about robbing and stuff to get things to pawn, sell or whatever to keep their craving satisfied.
You're right about this world today. My dad passed away in the spring; and someone broke into his house before we had time to pack everything and move it out. Stole my mother's silver and anything that was "shiny", even silver-plate or silver-colored cheapy things. Broke my heart. And then I was furious. There are some "shady" folks that live on the street that we suspect, but how do you prove it? I figure they'll have to answer for it someday.
gosh, my mom passed a few yrs ago, and we all live out of state and in the process of the funeral and closing the house someone broke in the back door and stole some stuff. Mom didnt have much of anything, but they took a tv my brother had bought her, and some other stuff that was sellable, we didnt care about that- it saved us the trouble of dealing with it. What they did take that really erked us all was her hand written cookbook - the little notebook she put all her favorite (and ours!) family type recipes we all grew up with. I was going to transpose the book ad make all my brothers a copy - that was the only thing we all wanted back. We sort of figured out who it might be - a kid living 3 doors down - always in trouble with cops for minor thievery, but couldnt prove it.
Have the serial numbers of all your electronic things kept in a book and if they come up missing you can go to police with the numbers and if they suspect someone they can check the numbers on the items in the persons posession. sharet