Old 10-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Well, I am not having a good day at all. But I give thanks to God that my troubles are not big ones in comparison to many. And I thank him for these troubles.

1. Waiting for Verizon to come today to switch over all of our services - internet, phone, and television. They called yesterday to confirm, but had the town wrong. Hubby took off so I wouldn't be alone with them. Well, waiting, waiting, waiting and on the phone for two hours ... yes, two hours ... and guess what? MAYBE they will come on Saturday some time or other. Thank you God that I have internet service, a computer, a telephone and television set to have this service for - whenever they decide to come. Thank you!

2. My embroidery machine seized up. I have several projects that need to go out the door. Had it will cost a minimum of $129 plus tax to get this rolling and maybe I will have it in a week. Thank you, God for allowing me to be blessed with this equipment and the husband who got it for me.

3. Went to load the machine in my car and noticed that when the city workers who mow the grass came by, they must have kicked up a rock which smashed the window on my car. Lots more time wasted on the phone with corporation council and waiting for the police to make a report ... and getting on the phone to find out about getting it repaired. Not covered by insurance. $185 plus tax out the window (no pun intended) Thank you, God for the gracing me with a car that has windows and runs.

4. Went to the bank to get money for the sewing machine and car window and found out I was overdrawn! Very large four-figure check from a customer bounced. For stuff I already sent out. Moment of extreme panic. I called and she apologized for accidentally using a check on a closed account. She immediately paid through Paypal, covering my bank fee, too, and all is good. Thank you God for the gift of running an unexpected business.

5. Wanted to use an extra large embroidery hoop for a special project. It cost $90 when I got it almost a year ago. Doesn't fit my machine, which isn't working anyway. BUT the shop took it back to exchange it for the right one which was supposed to come with 30 free designs. The disk wasn't in the package which I saw when we were on the highway so I called them. They had no idea where it was and sounded stressed. I looked at the photos of the designs and said, you know what? I don't really like any of them anyway so don't bother. Big relief and many thanks from them and they moved my repair to the head of the line. Thank you God for these lovely people and for the hoop that I hope to use soon.

So, earlier in the day when I stood in the middle of my living room and yelled "I AM NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY!" I had the good sense to mentally slap myself and say Thank you, God! I do not live in the middle east or in Greece, I have a roof over my head with electricity and running water and an indoor toilet. I am still standing with relatively no aches and pains as is my husband. So THANK YOU GOD! Life is good and I am blessed to have the tiny problems that I have today.

Oh, and my secret pal doesn't seem to have sent out her package to me but I do not care. Overall, it is so unimportant.

(Stepping down from the pulpit now)