View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
The top is finished. Need to get backing & get'er done! This may be the 10-minute block, but as Quilter7x discovered that's only referring to the base. To make a Carthedral Window out of it takes about 20 minutes after you get the hang of it! Looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. Guild challenge has been met!
this is very striking. i thought the 10min block might be a shortcut. but apparently not.
I think this is a shortcut when compared to the CW done by hand. Not something I would enjoy doing by hand. Actually, I don't enjoy making much of any pattern that is a repeat of the same block over & over. I like to make samplers like AOTH, LBB, Dear Jane, etc. I'm slightly ADD & OCD - nasty combination. Might explain why I can get so much done. I jump around from project to project, so that when I am ready to give it my all, I'm already half finished!
no wonder we have so much in common, and I used to be all over the place, into everything.
Not anymore! let's just say, health caught up with me and I had to do something about it and the results are I'm much slower.
For a period of time when I was in my thirties, I had three jobs and still went home and cooked and helped kids clean.
We all worked in our house and I told kids it was "character building."
They truly have great character now too!
:thumbup: