View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:02 PM
SandyinZ4

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
sounds adorable. be sure to post when done. sorry you are having issues.
You asked me to post a pic when done so here it is. I finally struggled through with the thread breaking every 3-4 inches. I did order some ball-point needles so I will have them for the next time, though. Anyhow, I got it done. Actually made two as have girl and boy baby shower gifts to make. I take two pieces of fleece, one with a cute pattern on it, square them up, pin and then on the cute pattern side, I pick a shape and zig-zag around it. Do the same thing for a couple other designs. This just helps hold the layers together so they don't shift so much. Then I go around the outside edge with a zig-zag stitch and about 1/4 inch outside of that, I use my scallop rotary cutter to do the edges. Then I turn blanket to back side and carefully cut out just the one layer of fleece so that the design of the pretty side shows through. A fast and easy baby gift. This isn't really in regards to quilting but it does make a soft blanket quickly. I will save making the quilted ones for family babies.

Non-quilted fleece baby blankets.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]277141[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-277088.jpe