View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 PM
LyndaK

I am currently sewing with a 1951 Singer 401A, purchased a couple of months ago. I'm really falling in love with this machine. I have a Janome 11000 that I really like for embroidery, but will not likely replace when it gives up the ghost. I also have a Janome MB4 for embroidery and like it a lot.

I free motion with a black Singer 301 longbed. What a great machine. Also, have a beautiful Singer 115 treadle in a parlor cabinet that's fun and a White VSII treadle that I patch jeans on.

There is a Janome 1600p in my Grace Pinnacle frame, and 2 Singer 222 Featherweights and a 221 Featherweight, just for the cute factor and travel.

I purchased a Janome 3160 QDC for traveling if I need more than a straight stitch, and it's a nice machine too. Must say though, the vintage machines outsew the plastic ones........

.And I'm not buying anything more unless it's a vintage machine and under $50.00. I'm done with expensive machines. Cannot justify the prices anymore.....they don't sew any better....and they need maintenance that I can't do myself.