Thread: Liquid starch
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 04:02 AM
sewtruterry

I had to laugh when reading all of these post as you all have to be really tall. Because around here since I am short ( just under 5 feet tall) the starch is always on the top shelf. And yes it helps to ask an older woman in the store as they usually know what you are talking about. Yes if you are keeping the fabric for more than a day before ironing you must keep in the fridge to keep it from mildewing or molding and becoming very nasty smelling. If you are going to make up your own starch just remember that you do not have to make up a big batch. Just make up what you think that you will need and if you don't use it all just toss the rest away. I do use the Stay-Flo brand all of the time as I use it to prepare my fabric to cut it with my Cri-Cut machine for applique and for GFG quilt that I am working on right now. Of course everyone is correct in that you do not want to leave it in the fabric for very long as it will attract bugs some that you can see and others that you can't but if you put the fabric in an air tight container this is less likely to happen.