Old 07-24-2009, 03:53 AM
june6995

I have a sewing machine "on the truck" as we speak.

I have owned a New Home Memory Craft 7000 for 20+ years. I found one for my daughter and was the only bidder because the electric/foot controls had been lost. I figured that someone who sewed so little she lost the foot control, would not have sewn much at all. The machine was Pristine/ I went to SewingWishList and found someone who sold me a used electric/foot control.

I just found another one where no one was bidding and the seller has a high rating and also a return policy. Seems as though people will not bid on a machine unless they are less than $25. This machine originally sold for better than $1500. I have phoned Janome about machines listed on eBay and have always gotten helpful information.

I found these machines, when bidding starts low, wind up selling for about $400. I have gotten both of mine for less than half that amount. I think it was because I played the "waiting game" and won.

For this one, the seller agreed to delay shipping while I was out of town. I am expecting it on Tuesday next week. I anticipate another great machine. I have 2 daughters, and this one is for #2. But I will keep it and use it for a while to make sure it is OK.

That's about all I purchase on eBay, with exception of books on half.com