Old 07-24-2009, 04:50 AM
Charleen DiSante

I hope you don't mind my asking, but is this statement based on real facts or a "someone said" statement? Perhaps you have all the facts but, the reason I'm asking is that it doesn't seem right that we should be passing along mis-information to someone here on the message board. There are, for instance rumors of Joann Fabric and Craft stores closing and that is based on rumor and not fact because they are not closing all their stores. Could we help each other out and be sure before we start passing info along? Thanks!
Originally Posted by mommom
All Wal-Mart stores will eventually NOT carry fabrics. It is a high loss area...seems some shoppers take the stickers off pieces of fabric, at checkout, the clerk thinks it is all on one sticker and don't double check so, it isn't all paid for. Sad, but very true! :cry: I registered many complaints when our local store stopped carrying fabric...it did no good...and like many of you, we are 25 miles or so from another fabric store. Besides, who can afford to pay $7 - $12 a yard for fabric all the time!