Old 12-30-2007, 06:13 PM
patricej
Administrator

Loretta asked what i was working on. this oversized twin has made me question my intelligence and fear for my sanity.

you name it ... if something can go wrong while putting together a quilt ... it has gone wrong during this little adventure!!! had to start over twice. once because ruthy wanted different fabrics. (she said light pink, but meant bright pink!) the second time because i accidentally headed straight for an oversized queen and poor ruthy has a twin bed. (what can i say? i automatically thing big. :lol: ) i have run out of fabric twice. i lost count of the number of blocks i had to take apart and how many times i had to put them back together because i managed to get them facing the wrong direction. (that basket weave in the solid blocks was supposed to make it easier. HAH!!! HAH!!! and DOUBLE-HAH!!! and that joke was on me. :roll: )

tim gave me permission to adapt his compass star for the center and corners. both he and poor kathy have listened to me moan and groan every step of the way.

it'll get a narrow gray border. but not tonight. :lol:

it's a circle. i promise. if i have to hammer, glue and staple it ... by gum ... it's GONNA come out a circle!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4354[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-4354.jpe   attachment-53151.jpe