Old 07-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

People talk about making mistakes in their quilting and being nervous because they are afraid they will really mess it up.

I say quilting is about the process as much as it is about the finished result. You can't have one without the other. So enjoy the process or struggle through the tough parts of the process ( I do both) and come out on the other side feeling like you did the best you could whether that is spectacular or just ok in your eyes.

I work in miniatures and so I do a lot!!! of hotpads. Several hundreds over the last 11 years. One thing I have learned is to do it to my satisfaction and to the best of my ability whatever that may be at that time. You will improve with time whether you are trying to or not. Practice and doing it many times will do that for you so just keep plugging away at it if it is what you love to do.

Sharing with us is a good motivator and will lift your spirits!! So if you are a lurker or you are a member take the time to share and enjoy the accolades and support you will get! Don't hesitate to share -you will get only positive feedback here. We care and we support each other.

I have mentioned in the past that I once made a hotpad that I turned one vital triangle backwards and didn't notice it til the hotpad was already quilted! Too late to go back and fix it so I took it to Kalona (where I sell my stuff) and just included it with the other hotpads.
To my surprise it sold!! Now someone either didn't notice the mistake or thought I did it on purpose but to me it is very glaringly wrong!

See what you think. I found the picture this morning and thought I would share it with you. Even quilters who have been quilting 30 years make mistakes and not just mistakes that hide in the back ground!! I can always pick out my mistakes but usually I know only I can see them. But I thought this one spoiled the design.
Apparently someone didn't care or didn't see it. Hope they weren't upset when they got home with it.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-46649.jpe