Old 10-26-2011, 12:41 PM
QuiltnCowgirl

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by Bennett
Originally Posted by Sede_Mae
I want to do some "fine" detailed cleaning of my FW... Inside crevaces and all. Outside of machine, NOT inside. I was thinking of using a Q-tip and rubbing alchohol? Would this be OK? or if anyone has some special tricks or advice... I would sure appreciate it. Also... Do you know of a great way or product to brighten the black, make her shine alittle more? My machine is in very good shape...all scoll decals intact... Etc. I just want to dress her up alittle more to take her out !! LOL :-) Thanks everyone,
Julie
Not so sure about the rubbing alcohol and how that would react with the finish on the machine, so I would avoid that unless it's on the chrome parts. To get in the crevices, maybe just try a cotton swab or a toothpick with a little bit of cotton ball wrapped around it moistened with some water (if it's not too grimy and just dusty). As far as shine, I've used Scott's Liquid Gold or paste wax on my machines and buffed up with a soft cloth.

Forgot to add, on the wax, don't use one with "cleaner" or an abrasive. :)
rubbing alcohol if I recall correctly removes paint.
Don't want to use rubbing alcohol - messes up the finish. Ask me how I know :roll: