Old 10-26-2011, 01:52 PM
lovelyl

Originally Posted by kwendt
Originally Posted by lovelyl
I have a 115 treadle. Is it a good machine to do FMQ? Do the feed dogs drop and if so, how? I can't find much information on the 115. Any info. appreciated!
Linda
Hi Linda. I don't think the feed drops. If you sign onto the Smithsonian archive there's a 115 manual. Try this link:

http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect.../NMAHTEX/2683/

I'd use a 15-91, 201 for FMQ but the easiest vintage machine for FMQ, might be one of the Japanese clone 15's, 'cause they have slightly better mechanics and a drop feed dog SWITCH on the front bed of the machine (usually there are three settings: Fine sewing (dogs down slightly), Normal sewing and Embroidery (dogs all the way down). Nice machines. Many of them are belt driven motors, you might be able to treadle them if you really wanted to. But I'm not sure about that.

Here's a picture of mine that I got off goodwill.com. Case is busted, and is on my 'honey do' list. So I haven't sewn with it yet. This picture is when I first got her. Now she's all oiled, rewired, polished and rarin to go. See the drop feed switch on the bed? There are millions of these types (all different names), in different colors out there.
Kwendt,
Thank you so much for the link! Also, thanks for the info on the 15 clones - love your pink one. I will start looking for one... So much to learn... Thanks for your time and wisdom!
Linda