Old 07-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cutebuns
I have not been quilting as long as you by any means and I see all of my mistakes as well, some take longer to notice than other, I left one I knew about in the quilt I did for me, it was intentionally left, I figured that I am not perfect, my quilt doesn't need to be either.

I had a truly blank spot last night while quilting, I was doing a block that I had never done before, looked at the picture, naturally picked the pieces up and put them together like HST, the thing was they were not HST but QST. so there I was picking them all out, I had finished the whole line of them before I noticed, so that was done, picked them up to start putting them together again and did it exactly the same way, good thing I didn't get through the first one before knocking myself on the head. So I laughed at myself, called me a few names, and went on to do them the right way.
I have lots of those moments! I do alot of hot pads and I get so I do them on autopilot sometimes. I sew squares into sets of two and then sets of two into sets of four. One of the most annoying mistakes I make on a regular basis is to turn a set of four the wrong way when I sew two 4's together. I have gone as far as sewing the hotpad all the way together and start to stitchin the ditch before I see it! I could scream!!
But since it is to be sold I can't leave it and say oh well. So I pick out the finish seam that runs around the edge and then turn it wrong side out and pick out the seam or seams that hold that section together and then I have to rip out the two 4's and then usually some adjoing seams to get enough of a grip on it to work on it to fix it! Then do the process all over again to put the hotpad back together again!! VERY FRUSTRATING! and time consuming which is almost more of an issue if I am in the last hours of putting an order together. OH WELL!

Quilting can be soooooo frustrating!!! Why do we put ourselves through all this anyway?????? oh yeah to enjoy the beauty!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: