View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:15 PM
sandybeach

We have three quilt shops in our town. One just opened and I can't go in there because of the smell. All that brand new fabric (and probably the new carpet) actually burn my eyes, so I stay out of that one. One of the others has a husband and wife team and the husband is very surley if you don't know him. So that turns a lot of people off. The other one is run by two ladies that haven't quite got the hang of running a store. If something comes up that you need an answer to, they look at each other, kind of shrug, then discuss it between themselves. PEOPLE, this is a business, run it as such. Also, none of them have sale fabric out to look at. One does have an on-line site, and you can order it on line and tell them that you will pick up at the store, but then you don't get to really see it before you buy. I have gone in there with a list of fabrics that I would like to see and they have to go to the back (or upstairs in their old store) and bring all the bolts down for me to look at. It embarrasses me to ask them to do that, but how else am I going to actually see the fabric?