View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 04:29 PM
wuv2quilt

Originally Posted by kwendt
Originally Posted by wuv2quilt
Originally Posted by kwendt
I quilt 'cause I had a sewing machine already, and my mother gave me her stash (a 20' truck load) of old vintage fabrics, mostly cotton. Plus I had/have left over calico's from lots of costume making.

So what do I do with all that? (should have given it away...!) But NOOOOO... I had to take up quilting!

Now I'm hooked. Some days I just go into my sewing room and.... putter. For hours. Some days I sew a little too.

<sigh> I'm pathetic.... ! lol!
WOW!!!
A 20' TRUCK LOAD???? Can I come to your house and play?
I'm not drooling...I'm not drooling
Yes... well... my mom used to work for YEARS in the fabric department of Grants Department store. I STILL have Grant's fabric, WITH the tags! (5 yards for $1.10, etc.) All hand written and carefully pinned to the fabrics with straight pins. My mom got a discount, you see and she sewed all our clothing. We're talking 50's and 60's I think. Wools, "the new wonder fabric - Rayon!", Dacron, lots and lots of cottons, silks. She also gave me box upon box of old cross stitch kits for bedspreads, pillowcases, tapestry sized scenes, aprons, bridge sets; embroidery things, crafting kits, tools, jewelry findings, settings, stones and just about every type of craft imaginable. No one else in the family wanted them. A shame really.
Well, you could adopt me.....then we'd be family.....THEN you could...SHARE :lol: :lol: :lol: