Old 10-26-2011, 06:06 PM
bloomin'Iris

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris
Yes, I have done a lot of piecing with my Free #5 pictured here on page 627. Trish has one on page 780, 111, and 816. Nana on page 774, Monica (Vintagemotif) on page 782, Kitzone on page 816, Lauren has one, Playswithcolor has one, Debbie, Rajean on page 1236, and Buslady on page 1209. These are the ones I noted. The Free #5 is a very easy machine to treadle and sew with. The Free Sewing Machine Co. was in business from 1910 to about 1958, although, some report that the company had started even earlier. The Free #5 takes normal 15X1 needles so it is an easy machine to use/own.
Nancy

Oh Nancy, I'm so excited. I have the twin to your machine pictured on 627, just picked her up last weekend. She's not quite as shinny & the cabinet is a bit dusty, she's standing in line for her turn for a clean up. Seems we've got more machines to tend to then we've got the time to do them. That's okay, have a feeling they will be well worth the wait.
:-)
Iris, have you had a chance to clean up your Free #5? I'd love to see a picture of the machine and cabinet!

Nancy
Sorry Nancy, haven't cleaned any of the machines yet, have then all corralled in the dinning room. Emptying out the sewing room now to make it larger. I can take a pic tomorrow so that you can see her current state. Reading this thread, I believe we can get it cleaned pretty good but the cabinet, I'm not to sure on. Will have to check back to where Glenn helped Charlee do hers..I just hope mine comes out looking as good as yours.