Old 10-26-2011, 07:36 PM
deplaylady

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by Mollie'sMom
Originally Posted by kwendt
ALERT: Nice looking Singer 66-1 Red Head (Eye) with the SILVER badge at auction from the Rochester Goodwill. Backclamp, has reg foot. Bed is dusty or possibly clouded. But decals look pristine, little to no wear in the pictures. A FIND. If shipping weren't $54, I'd get it.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8807154

Somebody please rescue this baby...
The hand wheel looks crooked to me.
The finish is shot on that red eye, or maybe its just really poor quality pictures.
shipping is outrageous.
Shipping is outrageous, high reserve,missing bobbin case, needs new plug - but they say 'finish appears to be fine and just needs dusting.' If that's true why don't they dust it or clean it a little to make it look nicer for the camera? Sorry - but I've talked to the guy that does the listings and he told me how he came up with his numbers - he just irritates me. You can't find any good machines anymore in the stores around here. And they aren't selling online - they just keep getting re-listed.
How does he come up with his numbers?

I watch....most of the stores around here are getting outrageous, but the private parties (Craig's List and yard sales) are still usually pretty good....they just think they're getting rid of an old machine that no one wants anyway...
He looks around at auction sites and appraisal sites. He doesn't seem to take into consideration what things are actually going for. They had a 99 one time in really bad shape, I had just bought mine for $40 all the other Goodwills were listing low without reserves, CL had lots of good one and yet they still thought theirs should go for over $75. I think if you are going to have a reserve, start it there.