Old 07-24-2009, 04:22 PM
dunster
Power Poster

OK, this is a truly scrappy log cabin, blocks just laid out on the floor in this picture. The blocks are 9" finished, each log is 1" finished, and since the picture was taken I've added a piano key border, also scrappy, about 5.5" wide all around. Overall the quilt will be about 101" square.

I've already stitched in every ditch, so I don't need more quilting to help hold the quilt together. I do all the quilting myself, on a home machine, but I do it in sections (3 sections in this case). I have some experience with free motion, mostly swirls, leaves, a few feathers that turned out kind of wonky.

I don't usually mark the quilt before I do my free motion - so it's really free (and I'm not a perfectionist, so that's okay). I would like to get some experience marking a quilt before I quilt it, but I'm not sure whether that's possible now that the quilt has already been layered and SID'd.

Anyone have any ideas for quilting? I'd like to add some interest beyond the SID, but I don't want it to be heavily quilted either.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-18311.jpe