View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 AM
GlitzyMe

When we became engaged we received a letter from Brad's aunt who said our wedding gift was in the barn at her parents' home (in the White Mtns in NH). She had shipped this box home from Japan when she was in the army at the end of WWll and it was not to be opened until after we were married. The next year we make the trip and in the barn was a massive wood crate filled with excelsior. Out came this china....and let me tell you it was the most hideous pattern - nothing a young girl would have chosen. Being in an apartment there was no room for a service for 12 plus all the serving pieces so we took one cup and saucer home and put it on a knick knack shelf. When we bought a house and had a place to put it the crate came home with us. Over the years I've come to treasure this as my taste matured and we use it often. The only information on the back is "Rose China made in Occupied Japan". I did find it at Replacements, Ltd and it's assigned a pattern #. Not a single piece has been damaged and I will pass it on to my daughter.
Old Country Roses is such a lovely pattern. I have 3 tea sets in this....a regular size, a child's set and a doll sized set. Also 8 cups & saucers for the adults.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-277751.jpe