Old 10-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Yooper32

What a fantastic thread this is. Some so funny, some nostalgic and some just plain hilarious. Aside from my father, the fevenuer, I had a grandfather who was sort of famous in some circles, he was a Methodist minister who wrote a book supporting the question of the sabbath, name of book was "Sunday the True Sabbath" He actually attended a Mastadon dinner in NYC given by the Explorers Club, I believe it was called. I guess he was still alive when I was born, but father never talked about him because when he was in high school, his father got a calling to go to CA to form a new church there. Guess Grandmother refused to leave Kansas and go to CA, so he left her in Kansas. My father subsequently had to leave school and go to work to help his mother , brother and sister survive. Guess the Rev. Samuel Walter Gamble married again, maybe several times but have no idea if he ever divorced grandma, who had died before I was born. I only was told of this shortly before my father died and he left some pictures of his father and brothers and sister. Sounds like even the clergy had their problems.