View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 04:31 PM
LucyInTheSky

I teach high school. For mole day (10-23, since a mole is 6.22 * 10^23) the science classes have the kids make moles, and they give them cute names: Frosty the Moleman, Molerina, Molan, and dress them up accordingly.

A student asked me to help her make the mole and I'm not familiar with 3-D sewn objects. For the link below, it's the original teacher's assignment. Our kids were just given the 3rd page pattern without any INSTRUCTIONS (since why would you need more than just a pattern?? :roll: ) or the 2nd page of templates with the pattern reversed, so I've found more than the kids have.

My questions - What type of fabric should be used - cotton vs felt? I had originally thought cotton makes the most sense but someone else said felt is better.

Does it make sense to glue it? Especially if it's felt, it seems like glue would be easier/faster?

For the body of the mole - you cut 2 pieces and sewn them together. I was thinking I should lay the piece on the fabric fold with the "spine" on the fold, cut accordingly, and open it up - and tada - 2 halves of the body already sewn together. Does that seem crazy enough to work?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you all so much!

http://my.ccsd.net/userdocs/document...q5rZmv3y3S.pdf