View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 05:24 PM
quiltmom04

Originally Posted by BarbM32
To sewbeadit...I noticed your green Elna machine and would like to know how old it is and how you came by iy. I also have a green Elna machine that came out as the equal to the featherweight only I like it better as it does more. The machine has panels that close up fastening to the top. Now the top has an area for feet and the machine can do several stitches as well as forward and backward and (zigzag(?). When the area is closed and the 4 sides attach then it is ready for carrying. Only machine like it I have ever seen and I was in the sewing machine business both retail and wholesale for 60+ years. I have been thinking of selling it but have no idea as to worth. No I do not use it after having it serviced, I only enjoy it.
I HAVE ONE! I HAVE ONE! It's called the Elna Lotus and I got it in probably 1978 or so. I carried it everywhere and probably sewed around the world several times on it! haha! I've seen them on EBay for around $200, but I would never sell mine. As a matter of fact, the design is so unique there is one on display ( I've heard!) at the Museum of Modern Art!