Old 10-27-2011, 11:14 PM
juneayerza

No one famous in my family, but there is some interesting history. My father was 58 when I was born and my mother was 47. Do you think I could have been one of those change of life babies they talk about?
My father was the youngest of 10 children and his father fought in the Civil War which makes me one of the youngest people to have had a grandfather in the Civil War.
My mother’s adoptive father was driving a herd of cattle through Wyoming’s Indian Territory in 1900. The Indians were so destitute they were giving their children away to anyone who would take them in the hopes the children might survive.
So at the age of eight months my mother sat on the saddle in front of her “Father” for the rest of the cattle drive.
Her parents were known for taking in orphans and other children. Sometimes they would get up in the morning and find one or two kids sitting on their porch with notes pinned to them. During that period of time there were a lot of destitute people who just gave their children away because they couldn’t feed them.