Old 10-28-2011, 12:55 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by auniqueview
The Dressmaker is beautifully clean. There was a little oil in the bottom of the bag it came in, but I cleaned that up with just a paper towel and some white vinegar. I wiped the exterior of the machine off, but it is really clean. It came with the bag, one bobbin, in the case, full of white thread, lol....a needle box with three regular needles, a twin needle. No extra bobbins. I am wondering if the bobbins I have that came with the Singer clone will fit it? I got 7 with that, all metal. There was a small bottle of oil with it, but I just bought a fresh bottle yesterday, because I figure I will need it for the 15. The bobbin area was all clean, no lint build up. It runs smooth, but must need oil, because it does have the squeak.

The thrift store, which my dh tells me is connected with a local church, had several machines for sale. There were two others that I looked at, in hard plastic cases, heavier than this, but I liked the fact that I could life this one, and it came in this soft case. And the machine is metal, not plastic. No vintage vintage machines there. I suspect, from the other items up on the shelves that are out of reach, and not for sale, that should a nice old Singer or such show up, it would not be offered for sale. Who ever is running the place is not selling the really great stuff like the flyer wagons, the old pedal cars, baby carriages, etc. There are some Native American items up there I would love to have a chance at....yeah, fat chance, lol.
LOL they must be running a museum.