Old 10-28-2011, 03:08 AM
patches

LADIES, LADIES, LADIES......What a night this has been!!! It is 6:35AM and I have been up all night reading this. Was ready to go to bed around 2 and thought ....just one peek on here and then I was hooked.
It was 1947, I was a Freshman in high school and had an assignment for the next day....tell the class something interesting from both sides of my family. Mother had a meeting so I ask my sister who was 8 years older for help on Mothers side. She told me my Gr father was the head of the KKK and his sheet and hood were in Grannys attic. I didn't know anything about the KKK and he had died when I was 2 so I didn't question anything about it, and just said "Thanks". Dad told me he had an uncle that got drunk and was in a horse and buggy, riding across the river on the ferry and told the horses to "giddy up" and drove into the river and drowned. I thought I did very well until I got home from school. You see, my Mother was a teacher and she heard about this in less than an hour after I told the story. That was the last time I ever got a spanking!!! She was embarrassed to tears. Her father also rode from Kansas to Frederickton, PA along side Frank James (Jesse James' brother) on horseback. I was not supposed to know these things.
This has been a real delight for me and I learned so much. No wonder I spend hours and hours reading on this site. Thank you, thank you, thank you and "Good Morning"...I am going to bed.