View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 AM
PurplePassion

About 2 years ago , I made my son a queen size quilt -with Harley bandanas and bike print fabrics. It took me 2 years to get it done, trying to get it just right. I gave it to him for Christmas and he really liked it. Well I went over to his house yesterday to drop off some stuff; he was at work. The bedroom door was open and I saw the quilt laying on the bed . so I went in to see how it looked on the bed. and my heart just about stopped. I saw a couple of big holes in it. I asked the DIL what happened to the quilt? She said , he locked the dog in the bedroom , one day when they were gone, so she wouldn't get into stuff. And she got mad and chewed up the quilt. There were at least 3 huge holes in it and probably alot of little ones. I was just in shock. All the time thinking I had made him something special . :cry: I don't know if I should try to patch it , so it doesn't fall apart some more? What do you think? I still have some of the fabrics. I hate patching!
That whole family --my son, his wife and 3 kids--they never take care of anything or appreciate anything. But they are always asking for stuff.
Thanks for listening --Elaine