Old 10-28-2011, 04:48 AM
quiltdoctor

Originally Posted by quilt addict
boy, it has taken me a week to get caught up on the thread. There has been some great machines and information posted this last month. :)

Here are my two latest purchases. I have been actually sewing instead of cleaning machines but now that it is getting cooler I will try to spend some time in the garage. I am running out of room.

This is Davis VF2 that I picked up in Lincoln, NE when I was back for my nephew's wedding. Came home in my carryon luggage. Serial number is 1064910 last patent date is May 18th 1885. I hope the flowers are as pretty as yours Glenn.

2nd is unidentified handcrank. I just picked it up last night off CL. This is the worst condition one I have ever gotten. I don't know if I will ever get it working. There is so much rust. But the needle bar and pressure foot will move. No movement in the transvers shuttle though. And there is no shuttle or bobbin.
Love them both, but that handcrank has me by the heartstrings. Don't know what it is, but I'll bet it is German. Keep us posted. Lots of penetrating oil and a good looooong dip in the kerosene. Does miracles. If you give up, send her my way. :-D

Texas Jan