Thread: Opinions Needed
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 05:48 AM
FERSID

Hi everyone.

I inherited all of Mom's crocheted linens she had made over many years when she passed on - amongst them, a whole lot of unfinished individual pieces.

As they have a Vintage, Victorian look to them, I'm thinking of up-cycling the small pieces into items I can sell - pincushions, potpourri sachets, etc.

I've attached some pics of one I made last night - it measures 5" in diameter, 15" around and 2" high.

Materials used are new except for Mom's up-cycled crochet top and it is filled with Polyester Fiberfill.

I'm also working a design for one with an enclosed grit pocket to help keep the pins sharp when in use.

Stock Styles will be made from fabrics within my stash collection however I can also make them to order in any size, shape, color, print theme requested.

I can also incorporate them into a holder such as teacup, fancy wine glass, candlestick holder, etc. Price will depend upon holder requested.

Do you think they would sell and if so, how much would you pay for a Stock Style $ ? and a Custom Order $ ?

Thanks for your input and please, be honest.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-278164.jpe   attachment-278165.jpe   attachment-278166.jpe