Old 10-28-2011, 08:03 AM
irishrose

Hi, Jeanne, gaining four pounds isn't serious, but skipping the things that are helpful to your health like exercise is serious. (I'm talking to me, too -I'm slipping on my 2:30 exercise program, but not on my walking but only because of the dogs).

Lupus is a sneaky, insidious disease. You just don't know what part of the body it will involve next. Mine isn't too bad right now. The problems I'm having are more from the arthritises, fibro and neuropathy. Course they're all related except the last one. Can your husband go to aqua aerobics with you? If he's that swollen, are his kidneys involved? That one scares me. Does he have a good doctor? I only have my primary care one as the rheumatologist was a jerk, but it works for me. I'm sorry he's (you're) going through this. It sounds like he's trying to get through it as well as he can.

The Oct 31 issue of First magazine that might still be on the newsstands has an article on the Dr Moreno's 17 Day Diet. It's an interesting concept that you can eat all you want one day and 1200 calories the next and lose fat, which is really our goal - to lose the buried fat in our midsections, not just pounds. There is a 17 day intro period where food is more restricted. From the article. "As the fat cell get smaller, it tends to release adiponectin. A is one of the only beneficial hormones released from fat cells. A fires up metabolism." It's a rather exciting concept that makes me wish I had more weight to lose (NOT). I wonder if I can get my daughters to try it. Where is Leann? She has been successful using the 17 day diet. I looked at the book at the bookstore. I was totally turned off by his unrealistic weight chart, besides it's not in my budget. I'd rather buy fabric. I do recommend you look for this magazine while it's available.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.