Old 10-28-2011, 08:09 AM
jljack

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Janice - getting caught up here this morning! Steven Tyler is an awesome machine! Once that grunge is he is going to be a Rock Star in the vintage sewing machine world! :thumbup:
Well, unfortunately DH is not fond of the "Steven Tyler" name, so I have to decide on another.

I looked at the finish under bright light last night, and it really looks like someone tried to paint it. Or the original japan "melted"?? Is that possible? I can see the decals (kind of) sort of "under" a dark covering....like paint didn't stick to the decals. I don't know. Very hard to figure it out. Anyone seen anything like this before?
In response to your "ruffler" post....BRAT!!!!!! :lol:

I think that instead of being decals, these flowers are painted, and what you're seeing is the ghost of the flowers...mine is the same way...the impression of the flowers remains, the color is gone.
OK. Well, I'm gonna stop scrubbing away at it, then. I got it initially clean last night...not all the cracks and crevices, and not all the metal pieces, which need lots of scrubbing. But the body and bed are pretty good. You can still see some of the DAV on the arm on the front and back, but everything else is pretty much gone. Anybody in favor of stripping it down and repainting? :?: :?: