Old 10-28-2011, 12:01 PM
QuiltnCowgirl

Originally Posted by jan on 446
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Ok for you Rocketeer folks, are any of you having trouble with the cams wearing out? I use my 503a Rocketeer all the time for decorative stitches on my little Patchabilities. I use mostly the #8 cam, which is now slipping and messing up sometimes. I did some research and the only thing people complained about with those machines were the cams. The people who bought them loved the machines because they are all metal, well-made machines, but couldn't understand why Singer made such a nice machine then used plastic to make the cams. The cams wear out! Has anyone tried filing off the rough edges on those cams to see if they will have more life. Now I am a little concerned about getting a 319W -it uses cams too. The top hat cams are easy to find, not sure about the flat cams of the 319w?

Nancy
Nancy - yes they do wear out but not to worry & no need to start filing on them yourself. Cathy (who hosted the TOGA) has a whole locker full of the various types of cams!! Seriously - a whole school locker! And they are not expensive at all. I think I paid $2 each for the ones I got from her to finish out my collection of the ones made for my 403.
Good thing to know. What is her username here? I have a 500 on layaway and thinking I might need a new set to have on hand. I don't know what all is included with the machine yet. Suppose to get that info soon.
Thanks,
Jan on 446
She is not a user here. Let me see if I can get her contact info for you. Or maybe vintagemotif (Monica) has it?