View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

I have been sewing for a long time ( well, long time for me, I'm only 27) I used to make my clothes because everything was always too big, even as a child/teen, now I mostly do alterations. I also paint, I mostly work with watercolour and I do portraits, I took fine arts in college and have my DEC, and now my real job is painting cars... I guess you could say that I'm creative and pretty artistic.

I started quilting last year. Actually, my best friend, who was very very sick, was getting ready for a long hospital stay, and I was looking for activities and things for us to do together, and that she could do alone while I wasn't there, and I came across quilting. My plan was to make a friendship quilt, each of us was to make 6 different blocks, two of each, so we would both have a quilt made by the two of us. I started practicing, looking up patterns and ideas, and well, it all just took off. We never did get that quilt made, but I went over often and taught her lots of watercolour techniques, and we're going to make tote bags this summer, to use as beach bags.
She also wants to try quilting, she's always so excited to see what project happen to be working on, I think I may eventually have another quilter, lol!
My mother taught me how to sew, and now I'm teaching her about quilting, I think that's fair :P