Old 10-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

I got my HQ16 from the Festival of Quilts in the UK last year. There are no dealers here in Ireland, so I knew I wouldn't be able to get it here, and I was fully aware that it will have to be shipped back to the UK if I got a problem.

I did get a problem - broke a needle and the timing went out. But my supplier gave me a deal, and I got it mended under guarantee, and a free service, if I paid the shipping in one direction - I thought that was a good offer.

When buying like this, it's a risk we take - I have friends who have bought domestic machines from the UK - dealers here are few and far between (only one Bernina dealer in the country, for instance)

We don't have any where that we can get machines serviced here in the North West of Ireland. The last time I had that done, I crossed the border and had a day trip to Northern Ireland. I arrived with my machine at 9.30 am, did some sight seeing and shopping, collected my machine after its service, and I was back home about 12 hours later.

This is the price we pay here for having our quilting hobby - so when I read that you have several dealers locally you can choose from, I am very envious.