Old 10-28-2011, 09:16 PM
deemail

i bought both my sewing machines (1964 New Home AND 2005 Pfaff) and my serger (Elna 4 thread) at 2 quilt shows and a home show. the New Home threw a nut into the interior of the machine when i had it for three weeks and i called the dealer immediately. he brought me a brand new machine the next day...it came with complete warranty and accessories. (this problem was known to the store as an entire shipment had not been tightened sufficiently at the factory in one little area. he cut off my hysteria on the phone [i was 18, it was my graduation present] and very nicely told me he knew of the problem and that they would replace it, not even attempt to repair as they could not tell how much damage had been done to any single machine during all the bouncing around inside)

the pfaff and the elna were both used during quilt shows and i simply asked if they were going to sell them at the end of the show. in each case, the dealer told me to come back on the last day of the show and gave me a business card with a 'first choice' note on the back to ensure i got it if others asked after i did. i would certainly ask for a card if they don't offer. all machines also came with the full set of lessons and accessories. in fact, the pfaff and elna dealers gave me some extras that they had been demonstrating at the show. i got an excellent price on each so i think you should at least try...you have nothing to lose.