View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 04:07 AM
mcdaniel023

I can remember (back in the day of being a little girl) my grandparents taking us to the Indiana State Fair. The first place I wanted to go was to see the quilts. Everyone else wanted to do anything but that. I can remember standing there trying to figure out how they made things so beautiful. I loved the feel of an old quilt. When my daughter was 7 she wanted a canapy bed and matching quilt. So, I with my knowledge of sewing garments and a few curtains thought to myself, I can make them. So, off to the library I went and got a couple of books. Read them, bought fabric and made a quilt as you go quilt, the canapy and curtains. It was then and there that I knew I had to quilt. I really didn't get into it until after the kids were off to college. I love the feel of the fabric and the challenge of trying new blocks and making something I am proud of. I sometimes wondered if there was something wrong with me. I have purchased so much fabric and sometimes I am just obsessed. I stay up half the night. I think of nothing else.
Then I joined this board and realized that there is nothing wrong with me....I am a quilter.