Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 AM
ThayerRags

Originally Posted by grannysewer
...I bought a storage unit with sewing machines and parts in it.....This person was planning to open a repair shop, but died before he could do it. I just hope I haven't bitten off too big a bite.
I know how you feel, and you know what they say...”Can you ever have too many sewing machines?”

I blundered into one of those deals back in October 2009. A retired couple collected antiques, specializing in antique farm tractors, until the husband switched to tinkering with antique sewing machines because the tractor parts seemed to get heavier and heavier to deal with as he aged.

The husband passed on, and the tractor collection was auctioned off, but they ran out of time to auction the sewing machine collection at that time. The lady didn’t want to have another auction, sold some here and there, but finally decided to sell the rest in an “all or nothing” lot. It was a 20-foot shipping container full with machines on shelving up three walls to the ceiling and the floor space filled with cabinets and portables underneath. Extra parts in boxes were poked into any empty spaces. I couldn’t even get in to see them all, but I saw enough.

There were 215 sewing machines in that container.....

CD in Oklahoma