Old 07-26-2009, 06:15 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lainee
Klue...You go girl!

I was in the WM in Lake Geneva WI this week and they still have a lot of fabric (didn't have time to really shop..WM is exchange point for grandkids). Clerk said remodel starts in Feb and the fabric sections is a low profit department!
...and the fabric section is low profit department.
Speaking about our Wal-Mart, I can see how they would think that. They let the quality of the fabrics really go downhill. They have been buying cheap flimsy fabric, that once upon a time, would have been in the bargain bin, and putting it on the shelves with the better fabrics, which percentage wise, is much much less in quantity.
It's their own fault. They have to put lower prices on these fabrics, and many pass them over.
I'm not a fabric snob, I'm talking really questionable quality on these particular ones. My girls used to work for Wal mart but got fed up with the managements attitude toward the employees and the publc:
We have the most under one roof, for less (bc we don't pay employees their due, or pay overtime, or benefits)...most under one roof, and no matter what we put on shelves, ppl will buy it anyway, so who cares?
Happy for you, that you got the fab. dept. to stay, but will be surprised if it continues.