Old 10-29-2011, 06:46 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by Glenn
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by debbiewi
Charlee,
what was the name of the stuff you clean up the cabinets with? I think you said you got it at Menards??
thanks
debbie
It's called "Howard's Restor-a-finish" followed by Howard's Feed n Wax (I know Glenn, the wood's dead and doesn't need fed! :lol: but I like the way the stuff makes the wood look!) ....I've not found it at Lowe's, but have found it at Home Depot, and most of the antique stores around here carry it. :) Hope that helps!
Charlee using the Howard products is okay. It is basically cosmetic fix and you like the looks go far it. As a furniture restorer I go with the old fashioned restoration techniques(restoring the old finish by repairing such as french polish the shellac) I agree with you I don't refinish by stripping I just make the old finish look new again. By the way love your new machine.
Glenn
Thanks Glenn! This "New Old Girl" is going to present some problems with my normal methods tho...those decals are gonna get in my way!! She's missing some shellac/varnish, and I don't know how to go about fixing that without damaging them! They already have a few silvered spots... ~sigh~ I'm gonna have to learn something new...and find out where to learn it! :lol:
I just picked up a, "the FREE," treadle sewing machine w/Peacock decals and w/o treadle, or cabinet. I totally covet your cab! If anyone sees parts, cab, decals, etc. for this machine, please let me know...thanks.

~ Cindy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-278654.jpe