Old 10-29-2011, 08:28 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by alabam49
Thanks for the info!! Is it worth $30 that the thrift store is asking for it? It really needs alot of cleaning up & I haven't ever restored a sewing machine before, it is in a cabinet & looks to have all its parts.
Yes. if you like it it is worth $30. I have seen people ask MUCH more than that every day on CL. I have 4 clones - I've had to do something to all but one of them. I have a post on here just for links and information on fixing up a sewing machine. If you run across more than you can handle we might be able to walk you through it. Muv has some wonderful videos on cleaning up an old sewing machine. It doesn't have to be the exact model she has for you to get info to do your machine. If you have a copy of an owner's manual it would help. There are links on my links & info post to find manuals. Somewhere on here I posted a service manual link for a 15 clone. If you can follow directions to make a quilt you can follow the directions to fix your machine. a link to the link post http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-163578-1.htm