Thread: Nook or Kindle
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 09:46 AM
lab fairy

Originally Posted by DJ
I'm one still trying to decide between and Kindle and Nook. I understand that there are more titles (books) available for the Nook. I can download books from the library on the Nook, and now the Kindle has that capability, too. From reviews, it sounds like the Kindle flashes on page turns and can freeze up while using. Now that would be very annoying! I'm thinking more seriously about the Nook. If there are any problems, I can take it to the local B&N. I don't think I'd get a color one, because I need to be able to read outdoors in the sun. There also may be more ability to "share/loan" books with the Nook, but I'm not really sure about how that's done.
You can "share/loan" books on a kindle, borrow from most libraries that lend e-books, etc. I have never seen flashing on page turns that are any different than those on a Nook so I can't be sure what you mean there. For my money, Kindle has the larger library of books "I" am interested in, B&N, may have more for you. The people at our local B&N can only help with the superficial stuff then they ship it back. And, you guessed it, they send you a reconditioned one (I asked) when I was doing my comparisons. I don't think either one would be a bad choice.