Old 07-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Skeat

Originally Posted by kwhite
Here lately my Janome 6600 will go a bit nuts while I am sewing. I have steady pressure on the foot control and it will sew fine then it will bog down and go slow then it will ZOOM and race for a few stitches. Last night I took my foot off the peddle all together and it kept sewing for stitch after stitch. So I put up the presser foot and it complained beeping for me to put it down so it could keep sewing. It is like it is getting the signal to sew but no one is sending the signal. Have any of you had a problem like this??
Yes...I have had that all the time and finally fixed it...mine was the foot control sliding ever so slightly under a bar that is under my table. Even though first glance it looked fine. I took a piece of 2x4 and put it sideways and now the contol bumps into it and all is fine:)Best part of Janome for me is that the thread never tangles up when it's user (me!) has to figure stuff out like this:)Hope that is all for you too! I tried non skid everything...nothing worked...I have a slick concrete floor...the board...free and cheap...works! Skeat who bets if you got down on your hands and knees, you would see it is sneaking under something:)